Coffee is a drink that can be made any time of the day, yet it’s best when it’s freshly brewed. Some people find brewing coffee in the morning a hassle because they don’t have enough time to do so. They have to go out and buy ready-brewed coffee from a shop near their house or office which costs more money than if they had just prepared a fresh cup.
Coffee makers are devices used for brewing coffee directly into cups or mugs. There are basically two types of coffee makers: those that use electrical currents and those that use heat. Electrical current machines come in different shapes and sizes; some even look like small appliances such as microwaves while others function as standalone units such as percolators.
Heat-based brewers are traditional coffee makers that use heated water to combine with grounds, then passed through a filter. Some of these machines have additional capabilities such as brewing tea and hot chocolate.
The majority of modern coffee makers are electrical current types which use an electric heating element for its operation. These come in two forms: single serve or multi-serve. Single serve coffee makers brew one cup at a time while the latter can make several cups before requiring refilling. Multi-serve models take less time to finish since they use a larger carafe which means it takes up more space on a countertop. If you don’t need a lot of coffee servings, then you would want to get a single serve brewer instead because it’s more space efficient than a multi-serve coffee maker.
This is where the problem starts: how to find the best coffee maker that comes in different brands and types? The best way is to narrow down your choices by considering certain factors such as its price, brand name, size or capacity, and features such as programmability. These are just some of the things you need to consider when choosing the most suitable one for your needs.
The demand for electrical current single serve brewers has steadily increased so now they’re even available in bigger stores like Walmart and Target. You can also buy them online plus you won’t have to spend much since there are good deals available with free shipping sometimes. There’s no reason why you should be spending much for freshly brewed coffee.
If you are still undecided about getting a coffee maker, you can read the following reviews of different models to help you pick one that’s best for your unique requirements.
Top Portable & Small Coffee Makers
AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker
- Popular with coffee enthusiasts worldwide, the patented AeroPress is a new kind of coffee press that uses a rapid, total immersion brewing process to make smooth, delicious, full flavored coffee without bitterness and with low acidity.
- Good-bye French Press! The rapid brewing AeroPress avoids the bitterness and high acidity created by the long steep time required by the French press. Plus, the AeroPress paper Microfilter eliminates grit and means clean up takes seconds.
- Makes 1 to 3 cups of American coffee per pressing in about a minute, and unlike a French press, it can also brew espresso style coffee for use in lattes, cappuccinos and other espresso based drinks.
- Perfect for home kitchen use, the AeroPress is lightweight, compact, portable and durable, making it also ideal for traveling, camping, backpacking, boating and more!
- Includes the AeroPress press, funnel, scoop, stirrer, 350 microfilters and a filter holder. Shipped in frustration-free packaging (no retail box inside). Parts are packaged loosely, not in bags. Phthalate free and BPA free. Mug not included. Assembled measurements: 9 1/2" h X 4" w X 4" d
Coffee Gator Paperless Pour-Over Coffee Maker
- More smiles per cup. Baristas agree, pour over brewing unlocks the full potential of coffee. This drip kit is the easiest way to get there. Prepare your taste buds for a flavor fiesta that will leave you grinning like a possum eating a sweet potato
- Get more from your beans. Coffee travels long and far and has the capacity to make you extremely happy. This 10.5 oz pour over coffee dripper with 100% BPA-free carafe means maximum flavor and minimal effort
- Save time, hassle and the planet. Single-use filters are history. They cost money, strip flavor, create waste and damage the environment. This laser-cut stainless steel mesh filter ensures flavor ends up on your lips - not in the trash
- Everything you want - nothing you don’t. Forget all those nasty dregs getting into your brew. Prepare your senses for a fragrant, naturally sweeter, coffee house-standard brew in your own home
- Why risk disappointment? Unlike the competition, we never compromise on quality or service. Our feedback shows we know coffee - our 100% satisfaction promise proves we care about your personal happiness. Choose Gator today for dream coffee tomorrow
ESPRO P1 Double Walled Travel Coffee Press
- BEAUTIFUL COFFEE ON-THE-GO - The ESPRO Travel Press is designed for people that want great tasting coffee when they’re on the move
- GRIT & GRINDS FREE - Unlike other presses, the patented double micro-filter gives you deep, rich flavor without any grit in your mug
- HOT FOR HOURS - Insulated, double-walled stainless-steel keeps your brew toasty for hours and won’t ever break or leak
- EXTRACTION THAT STOPS ON A DIME - After pressing, extraction stops instantly, so every sip tastes perfect
- FRIENDS FOR LIFE - We even guarantee it for life - let’s all raise a cup to that.
KOHLI PRESS French Press Coffee Maker
- Premium French Press Coffee Brewer – KOHIPRESS coffee makers are designed to make it easier and simpler to enjoy fresh-brewed coffee anywhere. With smart filtration and a simple pressurized immersion system you can make hot or cold brew instantly.
- Double-Wall Insulated Steel – This hot and cold brew coffee maker utilizes vacuum insulation to help retain hot and cold drink temperatures longer while also protecting the outside from heat or condensation. Ideal for everyday travel use.
- Seamless Micro-Filtration Process – Our French press stainless steel travel mug also utilizes a steel mesh filter that helps keep fresh coffee grounds separated from your coffee, so you can get the purest, highest-quality taste every time.
- Convenient Flip-Top Drink Spout – This smart, all-in-one metal French press lets you brew coffee and drink it from the same tumbler thanks to a leak-proof drink spout that helps seal in freshness between sips. Perfect for on-the-go enjoyment.
- Quick, Easy-to-Clean Design – Lightweight, portable, and designed for home, office, travel, and outdoor camping this stainless-steel French press can be taken apart in seconds so you can wash it and reuse it with less effort.
STARESSO Portable Espresso Machine
- [RICH & THICK CREMA FOR REAL ESPRESSO] - STARESSO Manual Espresso Maker can give you the rich espresso taste with a thick layer of crema just like the ones you can get from an real Italian cafe.
- [COMPACT, LIGHTWEIGHT & PORTABLE] - STARESSO Portable Espresso Maker only takes up little space. It weighs 0.97 lb, and it is small and compact (8x2.7 inches), but it can hold up to 80 ml water and a maximum of 0.53 ounces ground coffee. This Portable Espresso Machine is the perfect companion for travel. With the access of hot water, you can enjoy real tasty hand espresso at home & office or during hiking, camping and traveling.
- [COMPATIBLE WITH NESPRESSO PODS] - STARESSO Mini Coffee Maker is compatible with both Nespresso pods and ground coffee. Follow the instruction, poke a few holes at the bottom of the pods, or press loose ground coffee and make espresso as usual.
- [EASY TO USE & CLEAN UP] - STARESSO Portable Coffee Machine is intuitive and straightforward to use. With the newly patented pumping system (gives 15-20 bar pressure), you can make manual espresso effortlessly with no electricity. The highly modular coffee maker is also painless to clean up. A few rinses and you can pack away the machine, without taking up much space as the big chunky coffee machine.
- [BPA-FREE MATERIAL & PREMIUM QUALITY] - STARESSO Portable Coffee Maker is made of BPA-free material with the highest standard. The pressure pump and the coffee chamber are made of high-quality stainless steel. For more information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
A cup or 2 in a while can be very beneficial for your health, however if you enjoy drinking fresh brewed coffee every day then you need a good machine that will enable you to brew it conveniently at home or even when you are outside camping or following a picnic. The coffee maker is an important appliance to me and I know it is to you too. However, there are many types of them in the market such as drip brewers, espresso machines, French press, pod/capsule brewers etc., which makes it very confusing for the buyer to choose the best type according of his own liking or need.
While buying a coffee machine one needs to consider certain factors so that he can have the right product at home. Some of these factors are given below:
Type Of Bean: There are certain types of coffee makers available in the market depending on the type of beans used in them like if you want your beans ground then you get ground brewer but if you want your coffee made from whole beans then you get a French press coffee maker.
Strength Of Coffee: You also need to choose the strength of your coffee, for this purpose there are brewers which can make regular cup of coffee to super concentrated cups of espresso.
Capacity: The capacity is another factor while choosing a brewer, there are single serve brewers meant to make only one cup at a time and on the other hand there are multiple-serve brewers which makes several cups at a time giving you plenty of option to choose from according to your needs.
Additional Features: There are also some brewers with extra features such as its own frother so that it becomes easy for you to make creamy cappuccino at your home itself.
Ease Of Use: Apart from other factors, there is an important factor which many people ignore while buying a coffee maker which is the ease of use. There are machines with complicated programming and controls which can be really difficult to operate for someone who has never used it before. So, one should always choose something that he/she can easily operate without any problem.
Taste: While choosing a brewer you also need to keep in mind that taste of your coffee depends on how you make it like if you grind your beans correctly then they will give different taste than when they are ground coarsely. The duration of brewing also matters because it directly affects the taste of your coffee.