The most important thing about having a picnic or camping with your family is to keep your drinks and food cool even if you are out in the hot sun.
A picnic would just not be complete without food, drinks and ice cream. We all love enjoying ourselves at the park, on the beach or by the poolside but we also want to stay hydrated throughout our outdoor activities. A way of achieving this is by bringing along insulated cooler bags which can help you achieve that. It keeps beverages cold for hours so you don’t have to go back home thirsty after an adventure filled day outside.
Other benefits of using these insulated cooler bags include ease of access because it has more storage space compared with ordinary lunch boxes, they are equipped with lockable zippers to prevent spillage and they also come with adjustable straps so you can carry them comfortably.
We looked at several brands of cooler bags, sizes, shapes and styles in the market before arriving on this list of best portable coolers which you’re about to read. We know that it is overwhelming when choosing from dozens of coolers available online so we did the work for you! Just sit back and relax while reading our handy guide on how to choose an insulated cooler bag. Look forward to the most efficient insulated cooler bag reviews together with their features, pros and cons.
You might be wondering if it will really make a difference having an insulated cooler bag when compared with normal lunch boxes but there are actually lots of advantages especially when camping outdoors. It can keep your food and drinks cold for hours which is way better compared with normal lunch boxes.
You don’t have to go back home thirsty after a long day of hiking or fishing because you will still be hydrated even if you are out in the hot sun. You can bring them along when kayaking so you can drink all the icy water that you want. You can even bring an insulated cooler bag when surfing, parasailing, boating or hang gliding so it’s really not just limited to picnics and camping alone.
They come in different styles, shapes and sizes but they do the same thing which is keeping your food and drink icy cold or piping hot throughout your outdoor activities.
Top Portable & Small Cooler Bags
YETI Hopper Flip Portable Cooler
- The Hopper Flip 8 has ColdCell Insulation, a closed-cell foam that offers superior cold-holding to ordinary soft coolers, with a capacity of up to 6 cans plus ice
- The Hopper Flip 8 features a 100% leakproof HydroLok Zipper and the wide-mouth opening means great accessibility and visibility to contents
- The DryHide Shell is waterproof and resistant to mildew, punctures, and abrasions so it will hold its own when faced with the hazards of the wild
- The only personal cooler that’s game for full days in the tree stand, early mornings in the duck boat, or afternoons on the water
- The Hopper Flip 8 dimensions are 11 1/2 in long x 8 in wide x 10 ½ in high and an empty weight of 2.8 lbs.
IceMule Pro Cooler Backpack
Coleman Soft Cooler Bag
- INSULATION: Main compartment keeps contents cold and prevents leaks with heat-welded seams
- CAPACITY: Holds up to 16 cans
- REMOVABLE LINER: Treated with antimicrobials to resist odor, mold, and fungus; use when packing with ice
- CUSTOMIZED FIT: Shoulder straps are adjustable for maximum comfort
- STORAGE OPTIONS: Front zippered pocket, side mesh pockets, dry storage pouch, and lid bungee for storing accessories
YETI Hopper M30 Portable Soft Cooler
- The Hopper M30 delivers on a top customer request - a wider, easier opening. Through thoughtful engineering and thorough design, the Hopper M30 replaces a zipper with magnets
- Hydroshield Closure - Uses powerful magnets to create an ultra leak-resistant shield. Wide-mouth opening makes it easy to get in and out. Dual, Quick-Release Buckles ensure that your Hopper won’t open unexpectedly
- Coldcell Insulation - Closed-cell foam offers far superior cold-holding to ordinary soft coolers
- Leakproof Liner - RF welded seams eliminate stitching and provide a leakproof interior liner and waterproof exterior that resists mildew, punctures, and UV rays
- Double-Stitched Carry Options -Every pick-up point is reinforced. Hopper can handle more weight than you’d prefer to carry. Capacity: 7.2 Gallons, 20 cans, 28 lbs. of ice (just ice)
Engel HD30 Soft-Sided Cooler Tote Bag
- High performance soft sided cooler (hold ice up to 4 days).
- Waterproof full length zipper for easy access and front accessory pocket.
- Patent pending vacuum valve technology - improves insulation performance
- Rugged TPU outer wall construction.
- Includes ergonomic shoulder strap, bottle opener and zipper lube.
Advantages and Benefits of Portable Coolers
A compact cooler is a has many uses and benefits over other types. You can use it to take your lunch or snacks to work, or you can carry it on long road trips for hot summer days when ice cream starts looking very tasty. Another reason why these types of coolers are so popular is because they are relatively inexpensive compared to other types such as the chest type. The cooling ability of this type may be less than that of its counterparts but portability makes up for it considering you don’t have to keep getting ice every time the ice melts. As a result, you will not only save money in the long run but also spare yourself from lugging around a bulky cooler that’s not easy on the eyes.
Keep your food and drinks cold for hours with these great cooler bags, perfect to carry everything you need for your next outing.
What You Should Look For
These are the things that I think every good cooler bag needs: Size: Big enough for what you need but not too big so you’re tempted to overfill it.
Hardness : A hard bottom means your bag will stand up on its own when filled with ice and bottles of water. It also doesn’t matter if you put a few soft items in there as well.
Closing Mechanism : There are various ways of closing bags, from zippers to tie straps to drawstrings – choose a model that fits your needs best!
Air Flow : The more air can get in and out of a bag, the better it can cool down. Make sure you have something to latch your bag shut when transporting it or that there’s at least a mesh part for air to pass through if the closure method doesn’t include one.