Desk fans are designed to give maximum airflow performance while occupying minimum space. The following list contains some of the best floor standing pedestal desk fans that money can buy today. These fans should give you the power and durability you need for effective cooling in your work environment.
What Makes A Great Desk Fan?
When buying a desk fan, there are several things you will want to prioritize so that you get exactly what you need. There is no point in spending hundreds of dollars on an office or desk fan if it doesn’t match your needs, so be sure to take out the time needed to get this part right.
Fans with high levels of airflow tend to get noisy when operating at higher speeds, so be sure to prioritize your needs. This means that if you need a fan for keeping yourself cool, then an office or desk fan is not the best fit for this purpose.
Many people will only look at wattage as being important when choosing a floor standing pedestal desk fan, but this is actually one of the least important factors to consider when buying a well-functioning model. Therefore, make sure to prioritize other factors over wattage wherever possible.
Best Portable & Small Desk Fans
Dyson Air Multiplier
- Dyson fans use patented Air Multiplier technology to create a powerful stream of uninterrupted airflow without fast-spinning blades making it safe for children, pets and during cleaning
- 2 year parts & labor warranty when purchased from an authorized reseller
- Dyson fans are quiet and powerful while being safe and easy to clean
- Features include sleep timer which can be programmed to turn off after preset intervals ranging from 15 minutes to nine hours
- Remote control has the choice of10 precise airflow settings. The remote is curved and magnetized to store neatly on the machine
Ozerri Brezza III High-Velocity Desk Fan
- Powered by new ultra-quiet, 4-speed, dual oscillating motors with automatic vertical and horizontal motion for maximum cooling effectiveness.
- Extended-range remote control and fan controls easily engage automatic dual oscillation (up/down & left/right), horizontal oscillation (left/right), the 4-hour timer and all air speed settings.
- Aerodynamically designed for an even lower dB noise rating than the trend-setting Brezza II, while providing air circulation at 4 different speeds.
- Push button access to non-oscillating mode for precisely directed airflow.
- Boasts a sophisticated and stylish space-saving design that complements and enhances room decor. Ships fully assembled. Satisfaction Guaranteed.
Honeywell HT-900 TurboForce Air Circulator
- Small fan for table or floor: The Honeywell turbo force air circulator fan has 3 speeds & a 90 degree pivoting head. This quiet fan is compact enough for on a table or wall mount & powerful enough to help provide comfortable cooling in small-medium rooms.
- Feel the power: Honeywell's TurboForce line of fans have an aerodynamic turbo design to maximize air movement, offering the power for intense cooling or energy-saving air circulation. The ease of a small fan with power you can feel from 27 feet away
- Increase your comfort: Using fans for air circulation in your home can help Increase your comfort, and help reduce energy costs as well. Honeywell carries a range of tower fans, floor fans, and oscillating fans -- find one for every room in the house.
- Honeywell fans: The right fan helps cool you off & improves airflow in your room or home. Give your air conditioner & wallet a break by using fans to help reduce your energy consumption & costs. Honeywell carries a variety of fans to meet your home needs.
- Honeywell quality: Help improve air circulation & energy savings in your home, bedroom or office with Honeywell Fans.
Vornado VFan Jr. Air Circulator
- ICONIC PERFORMANCE — Utilizes Vornado's signature Vortex air circulation to more effectively move air throughout the room.
- TIMELESS DESIGN — Bringing together sturdy metal construction with authentic VFAN styling from the original 1945 Vornadofan.
- SIMPLE CONTROLS — The 2-speed manual control is easy to use and allows you to dial in your comfort.
- MULTI-DIRECTIONAL AIRFLOW — Equipped with an adjustable tilt head that allows you to direct the air where you need it.
- SUPERIOR SUPPORT — Backed by a 5-year hassle-free promise and supported by a customer service team based in Andover, KS
MUJI USB Tabletop Fan
When summer comes along, it’s the time when you should be able to enjoy everything that nature has to offer. However, when there are high temperatures in the surroundings, sometimes you need a little bit of extra help. If your home is not properly equipped with cooling systems or if you prefer natural methods for keeping yourself cool in the hot weather, he best portable desk fans might be what you are looking for. They can make your life easier in all kinds of ways without draining too much energy from your battery pack. Some models even have USB connectivity so they can easily connect with most devices out there on the market nowadays. Moreover, due to their size and lightweight design, these types of fans are very convenient to carry around wherever you go.
Fan Power and Size
There are many kinds of fans out there but the best portable desk fan will have to be small, lightweight and very easy to carry around. In other words, these types of cooling equipment do not have a large power source hence they can be powered by both battery packs or AC adapters. The size is also important since you want it to fit well on your desk without being a disturbance just like how a computer tower or a printer might cause. All in all, if the dimensions are too big for your working space then you might as well get something else. If possible, look for models with measurements ranging between 6-inches long so they don’t take up too much room on your workstation. Also, some fans might come with foldable design so they can be more compact and easy to carry around. They all have their own weight, of course. Look for models that are not more than 1-lb if possible since this kind of fan does not generate too much power anyway.
If you know that you will be using your fan for longer periods of time then it would be better to get one with a longer battery life. This way the device won’t run out of juice when you need it most during summertime. However, keep in mind that some fans can easily drain power while others work fine while plugged in the AC outlet or the USB port on your laptop/computer. Try looking for working time ranging between 4-6 hours if the fan will be used for working purposes. If you want one to use it while reading a book or watching movies from your laptop, then opt for models with shorter battery life which is 3-4 hours. Some fans might have an adjustable feature so they will work more efficiently depending on the situation.
Electric or Battery?
Some of these desk fans can run on batteries while others need to be plugged in a power source such as a USB port. The best option in this case is to go for a product that has both battery and AC capabilities so you don’t have to worry about where you are going to plug it when summer comes along. You can always choose which mode works better in various situations so you don’t have to worry that you are going to run out of juice when you need it most. In that case, battery life should be at least 3-4 hours for a fan to work while using the USB connection.