Since people rely on heaters for the winter to keep warm, there’s a good selection of all sizes and types to choose from. Whether you’re looking for an electric space heater or a propane wall heater, there are factors that contribute to the overall quality of the product. If you want a better chance at buying a high-quality product, check out these three things before making your final purchase.
Transportability: Since it would be difficult to find a central heating system anywhere, portable heaters can definitely be helpful in certain situations. What kind of place do you need heated? Is it going to stay in one place for months at a time? If so, then maybe getting a large floor or gas fireplace won’t be such a bad idea. On the other hand, if you need to heat a bedroom or office space on your way out for work in the morning, then maybe getting one of the smaller plug-in heaters would be more suitable.
Number of settings: Most people don’t like to use their heater at full blast all day long. Instead, they may prefer to put it on low for some warmth and save energy in the process. If that’s what you’re looking for in a portable heater, make sure that it has plenty of settings available. It can be frustrating when there are only three different temperatures because chances are most people won’t even touch two of them! Having 10 temperature options is actually reasonable so when you do decide how many degrees you need, there’s a higher chance it will be found.
Safety features: Cleaning your heater can be difficult, but it can also be dangerous if the machine isn’t taken care of properly. Many heaters have automatic shut-off switches that activate when they detect certain issues like overheating. This means that even if you forget to clean the space underneath the machine or bump into something by accident, there are still precautions in place to prevent any accidents from happening. Even if you are buying a propane wall fireplace instead of an electric one, make sure to check for safety features before leaving the store!
There are plenty of choices to pick from when shopping for heating equipment this year so knowing what goes into making a great product should definitely help. Next time you’re looking for a heater to buy, make sure to keep these three factors in mind and see your investment pay off!
Best Portable & Small Electric Heaters
Lasko Ceramic Tower Heater
- Ceramic tower heater with convenient multi-function remote control
- Widespread oscillation; electronic, programmable thermostat; 7-hour timer
- Low and high quiet-comfort settings, plus auto thermostat-controlled setting
- Self-regulating ceramic element; overheat protection for safety. ETL listed
- Fully assembled. 23" tall Made in China
Andily Electric Space Heater
- SMALL HEATER MEASURES: 6.2" X 4.74" x 8.3" . Manual controls. Fully Assembled. Carrying handle for easy transport. Adjustable thermostat for comfortable warmth—ideal for home or office
- THREE MODES HEATER WITH FAN: 1.High Heat (1500-watt), 2. Low Heat(750-watt ), 3. Fan Only. Power indicator light lets you know when it’s plugged in
- CERAMIC HEATER ELEMENTS: Ceramic space heaters are fast to heat, produce abundant heat without open coils, and are long lasting
- SPACE HEATER WITH THERMOSTAT :The thermostat system can according to the thermostat setting let your room remain at a comfortable temperature.This heater can be used in small area (such as warming your feet),meanwhile warms up your surroundings
- FOR SAFETY: 1.Automatic overheat system will shuts the unit off when the parts of the heater overheat. 2.TIP-OVER SWITCH will shut off unite when tipped forward or backward.3. Power indicate light can lets you know at a glance that it’s plugged in. 4.ETL certified
Asterion Ceramic Space Heater
- 【Adjustable Thermostat & Energy Saving】: This electric space heater is equipped with ECO function (adjustable temperature ranges from 60-90℉). When the adjustable thermostat of the indoor heater detects the ambient temperature reach the set temperature, it will shut off automatically. When the ambient temperature lower than the set temperature within 4℉, the ceramic heater will restart to heat. On this ECO mode, our heater greatly helps you lower your bill.
- 【6 Heat Settings with LED Display】: This portable space heater equipped with 600W/1000W/1500W/ECO/Fan/Freeze modes and LED display. You can adjust the mode and find the ambient temperature on the panel clearly. This room heater’s size: 8.74 x 7.67 x 21.69 inches, weight: 4.18 Ib, which is portable for you carrying to any place you need. Coming with mini remote control, the electric heater greatly helps you smart control your life easily at your finger and enjoy the warm heating.
- 【 Oscillating & 24 Hours Timer Function】: Our indoor ceramic heater provides wide angle heating and 0.5-24H timing settings. Putting this desk heater beside your body, your office desk or your living room, you can get the instant heat in a few seconds and a wide angle heating warming up your body. Especially in a cold winter midnight, you don’t need to get up to start /off the oscillating heater by yourself. The small heater will be really a good helper for your life.
- 【Overheating & 360° Tip Over Protection】: Please use this room tower heater under 120V/60Hz. The heater is equipped with 360° tip over switch and tip over protection, once lifted up the space heater, knocked down in different directions or the thermostat detects the temperature overheat, in these cases, this digital ceramic heater will shut off automatically. You can feel free to use this heater for special situations.Taking this home heater as a gift for your family or friends is a good choice.
- 【ETL & CA65 Certified, Flame-Resistant Material 】: This qualified portable heater applies UL certified PTC heating element and flame-resistant ABS material, meanwhile, approve ETL & CA65 certification for your safe and health. We also applied high-quality material, before using the heater, please kindly read the instruction. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us firstly, we will try our best to solve your problems.
GiveBest Portable Electric Heater
- 2 in 1 heater fan: This ceramic heater provides two heat levels, 1500W or 750W and one cool air fan, you can use it both for winter and summer. Thermostat control of the heater will turn the heater off when it reaches a preset temperature and turn the heater back on when the temperature dips below the thermostat setting. It will cycle on and off. Adjust the setting of thermostat from 0℉ to 158℉ to keep room comfortable
- Multi protection safety system: These heaters are made of flame retardant material avoiding any fire hazard. Automatic safety shutoff system will shut the heater off when the heater overheat. The tip over protection system will also shut the heater off when the heater was knocked over by accident and it will come back on automatically if it is up righted
- Compact and powerful: 8.3 inch x 6.3 inch x 4 inch, 2.2 pounds Portable mini heater with build in carry handle helps to reinforce the potential of rather low electrical bills by using at the place where you need when you don't want to warm the full house with other centralized heaters
- Quiet and fast heating: The noise this ceramic heater makes is lower than 45 decibels, quiet enough for most people to use in a bedroom while sleeping. With PTC ceramic heating tech and high speed fan, this heater put out tons of heat to heat up 200 square feet in seconds
- Upgrade abs material: Upgrade abs material applied, which is more flame resident. The room heater with six feet lead cord and 2 prong connection has a long lasting life
RomyChamer Portable Space Heater
- PTC CERAMIC HEATING: Space heater with PTC ceramic heating elements and it can be heated quickly which can make higher efficiency and longer life. Suitable for home, office and other personal spaces.
- ADJUSTABLE THERMOSTAT: It has heating/cooling setting, you can choose hot, warm or fan only mode freely, warm in winter and cool in summer. The temperature can be adjusted to your desired.
- MULITIPLE SAFETY PROTECTION: Auto-shut-off safety system includes tip-over, over-current and overheat protection. Overheat system will shut the heater off when the parts of the heater over heat, this indoor ceramic heater also will shut off once it is tipped over to help prevent accidents.
- POETABLE SIZE AND EASY TO USE:Designed with 750W/1500W high heat mode, just turn on the switch, the warm air will come out immediately. Easy to use and suitable for men, women, young and old. This space heater is small size and light-weight. It is easy to move and carry it around, perfect for using in home or office. Put it on the desk near you or place it on the floor to warm your feet while work, reading or watching TV, etc.
- PORATABLE MINI HEATER: Dimensions: 15.7"×14.8"×27", 3.08 pounds light weight mini heater easy to carry around with handle. This 120V heater has six feet long cord and 2 prong connection fits for indoors use such as office, room, desk, home, bedroom.
Portable electric heaters provide an incredible convenience allowing you to take the powerful warmth of a space heater anywhere you need it. They are easy to move from room to room, even when decorated for the holidays with large trees and other holiday decor. If you have an older home that does not have central heating, or just want some extra comfort during those cold winter nights, portable heaters can come in handy. It only takes a minute or two to plug one into any standard outlet and turn it on, making them convenient enough while still being extremely effective at heating any space. Here are the top 3 features to look for when choosing a new portable electric heater:
1) Power output – anything less than 1500 watts will not be powerful enough to heat even small rooms. Anything over 3000 watts is more than you need. For a living room or a dining room, a unit with at least 1500 to 2000 watts would be sufficient. For additional power in larger spaces, consider getting two smaller units that can easily be moved from one end of the room to the other as needed.
2) Automatic shut-off – this function prevents the unit from overheating and potentially causing a fire hazard due to excess heat buildup inside the machine itself. When using your heater, make sure you do not place it too close to drapes, rugs or other flammable items. Keep a safe distance away from the unit at all times to prevent a fire hazard and never leave it unattended when in use.
3) Adjustable thermostat – this is especially important for those who have difficulty regulating their body temperature due to medical conditions such as arthritis, multiple sclerosis, hypothyroidism or any other condition that limits blood flow and/or circulation. In addition to the features above, adjustable temperature control will allow you to identify your own personal comfort level without being too cold or overheating. This can be especially helpful to those with medical conditions that have a tendency to overheat very easily. Be sure that any portable electric heater you consider has easy-to-use controls that you can easily adjust as needed.
Heaters come in a variety of different sizes and shapes, so it’s important to keep your own personal needs and preferences in mind when shopping for one. If you need something small and lightweight for occasional travel, consider a space heater with an adjustable arm or folding handle that makes storage easy. A freestanding electric fireplace is aesthetically pleasing and will add warmth and style to any room it’s placed in, making them great options for those who want something portable but also durable enough to last through many winters. Ask about warranties before purchasing anything; they may be able to save you money if there are any issues down the road with the product itself.