First of all, what is a portable queen bed?
A portable queen bed is the term used for the most common size of a folding bed. This type of folding mattress is called a “queen” sized because it’s equivalent to 60 inches wide by 80 inches long. These two measurements make up the most commonly bought and sold mattresses around the world, but there are some variations on this theme. A “portable queen” bed typically refers to a traditional trundle style sofa bunk that comes with its own mattress and box spring unit that can be rolled away when not in use or used as an extra sleeping area for friends or family members. The job of these beds is multifaceted – they serve as couches during the day, beds at night and extra storage space when not in use. But how do you know what’s the best size for you? Read on to find out…
Picking The Best Portable Queen Beds For Your Needs
The first thing that you must consider is the amount of space that you have available for your new folding bed. This should be a top priority because knowing this information will help narrow down your choices immediately. There are several styles of sofamattress/queen-size mattress sets, but only one fits the moniker “portable queen” – trundle beds. These are typically perfect for small spaces or dorm rooms because they tuck up neatly into themselves until needed.
Once you’ve decided between a traditional or bunk style folding mattress set, then comes the decision of which size to get. There are many queen-sized beds that can fit into small spaces and still offer plenty of sleeping space for two or even three adults – the key is knowing the measurements before you buy anything.
A Queen Size Bed Comes In Several Sizes: The smallest option will be a full (sometimes called a double) bed measuring 60″ x 75″. This style is perfect for children or teens who like their privacy and don’t need much room inside. A daybed version of this type is slightly smaller at 56″ x 74″. A twin, also known as single size measures 39″ x 75″, making it great for cots or other such devices to save on space while some adults love this size for a pack-and-go bed that is easy to assemble. There are also double, or full sized beds that measure 60″ x 80″, just like the traditional portable queen mattress sets that you’re looking for. Folding beds of this style are perfect for smaller spaces but can still easily accommodate two people comfortably with 104 square feet of room inside. If you want to use the folding bed as an extra couch or seating area during the day, then look at styles similar to what you would find in a living room sofa sectional because they will have even more space on the interior.
The final option comes in at California King – 72″ x 84″. This is not considered portable because it does not easily fit through most doorways. With that said, if you have a large enough space and the right approach to bringing it into your home then this is the largest of all styles available.
Where You Plan On Using Your Portable Queen Beds
Are you buying your folding bed for an office with limited space? If so, look at trundle beds in twin or full-size because they can easily be tucked away when not in use. Do you want to use the bed as part of a studio apartment? Then double or queen sized versions will work quite nicely and offer plenty of room when used as extra seating during the day time hours. If you’re looking to add more sleeping options for guests who stay over frequently, then consider getting a full sized bed that can fit two adults comfortably while still being compact enough to move around easily.
Cleaning Portable Queen Beds
Not only are these beds great for storage, they are easy to clean as well. Some of the smaller models have removable fabric covers so you can pop it in the washer on cold and tumble dry low before putting it back together. Larger models may not have this option so you will need to wipe down the exterior after any spills or accidents occur.
Self-Inflating Mattresses vs Normal Folding Mattress
Lay some old blankets down on top of your new folding mattress set if you’re afraid of accidentally puncturing it with an errant foot, elbow or other sharp object during the night time. If you do end up tearing through the exterior, make sure to patch it as soon as possible before any moisture can seep inside and cause damage. Like any other inflatable mattress, make sure to check your folding bed regularly for holes or leaks which can also cause damage if left there long enough.
What To Look For When Buying Portable Queen Beds
Before going out and buying a new portable queen size mattress set, take some measurements of your space first. This will ensure that you have plenty of room inside when the bed is fully expanded without having too much excess air outside on all sides. Keep in mind that different models come with varying materials so know what type of covering you want over top – cotton, polyester or fleece. Don’t want to deal with a bed that you can’t clean? Choose one that has fabric covers that are removable and machine washable.
What Else Do You Need To Know About Portable Queen Beds
If you’re planning on using your portable queen beds outdoors, then be sure to get one with an exterior coating that is weatherproof. This will keep the interior protected while also preventing any moisture from getting inside during adverse conditions. Outdoor models may even come with their own storage bags so they can easily be brought in at night or kept under cover when not in use.
Keep these little things in mind when shopping for your next new folding mattress sets because it could make all the difference between having something for years to come or wasting money on something that doesn’t last long.
Top Portable & Small Queen Beds
Best Choice Products 4in Folding Mattress Topper
- 4IN PLUSH FOAM: Soft yet firm foam provides maximum comfort and padding while protecting your mattress from dust, pollen, pet dander, moisture, and other pollutants
- MULTIPURPOSE: Great as a convenient guest bed, a comfy camping bed, or as a floor sofa during movie nights and gatherings with friends and family
- PORTABLE AND SPACE-SAVING: Simply slip the included carrying case over the portable, tri-fold mattress and zip it up to keep it neat and secure while you travel
- WASHABLE COVER: The removable cover is machine-washable and dryer-friendly for easy care and maintenance
- EASY SETUP: Open package in well-ventilated area to release harmless odor that should dissipate within several hours. Wait 24-72 hours for maximum expansion; FLAT: 80"(L) x 60"(W) x 4"(Thick); FOLDED: 60"(L) x 26.7"(W) x 16"(H)
Milliard Tri Folding Mattress
- The Milliard Tri-fold Foam Mattress allows you to get a comfortable night's sleep wherever you go. Simply unfold the foam bed on the floor in any room, mobile home, or tent for a comfortable night's sleep. This bed easily accommodates all your sleeping needs then folds neatly away for storage in seconds.
- Foam is known for the therapeutic qualities and comfortable support. The Milliard tri-fold mattress is ventilated for air flow to help regulate sleep temperature for maximum support and comfort.
- The Milliard Foam Tri-fold Mattress is the ideal solution to temporary sleeping accommodations. Perfect for unexpected sleep over guests, family reunion, dorm rooms, camping and traveling.
- The Milliard tri-fold mattress is constructed of 4in. 3lb luxurious CertiPUR-US? certified Foam for a great sleep experience. Our foam supersedes all with superior high density construction that will not lose its shape.
- Mattress includes removable jacquard ultra-soft bamboo cover with anti-slip bottom. Mattress in flat position measures 78in.x58in.x4in. When folded it measures 58in.x26in.x12in.
Inofia Rollaway Guest Bed
- 【Space-saving & Extra Bed for Guests】- Inofia folding guest bed overcomes the shortcoming of traditional bed mattress which is large and difficult to store. When this rollaway guest bed folds up, the frame along with the 5” memory foam mattress only takes up a small room of 44 x 38 x 13.5 in. An ideal extra bed for visitors. Just take it out and assemble it easily whenever in need.
- 【5’’ Memory Foam Mattress for Superior Comfort】 - Composed of 1.5’’ memory foam over 3.5’’ high density supportive foam base, the 5’’ Folding Bed with Memory Foam Mattress conforms to your body curve, and releases the pressure points. It is comfortable to sleep on, neither too soft nor too hard, just right with enough support. Besides, the zipper cover is removable and washable.
- 【Easy Set-up & Mobility】- To assemble this roll away folding bed is as easy as 1,2,3. Following the instruction, you can achieve a sense of accomplishment in 5 minutes without any extra tools. The wheel attached makes the bed super convenient to move anywhere you want. Your guest can enjoy a good night sleep right away. Tips: At the first time assembly, please allow up to 72 hours for the mattress to fully expand.
- 【Durable for Lasting Performance】 - The portable metal frame on wheels is made of strong metal and coated with eco-friendly painting, which makes it anti-rust for long term use. The wheels are of high quality, very durable and flexible to move around.
- 【5-year Warranty】- Inofia stands behind the quality of this portable folding bed, and offers 5-year limited warranty to get you assured. Feel free to contact us at any time and we will respond within 24 hours.
Simply Comfy EZ Air Bed
- SELF-INFLATING AIR MATTRESS: A high-powered, built-in pump quickly and effectively inflates and deflates the air mattress with little effort from you. It automatically inflates in under 3 minutes.
- AIR MATTRESS WITH FRAME: The self-deploying frame automatically unfolds as it inflates, while 16 powder-coated steel legs provide a solid and secure base, allowing you to sleep with peace of mind.
- EASY SETUP: Simply unzip the air mattress with bed frame from the compact, sturdy and durable wheeled storage case, roll it out, plug it in and then walk way.
- SLEEP COMFORTABLY: The mattress on this raised air bed has a velvety flocked top sleeping surface to keep bedding in place. Plus, the comfort coil construction provides unmatched stability. Made of strong and durable PVC, this self-inflating mattress can hold up to 500lbs. Plus, this mattress inflates to a standard 24-inches in height, making it easy to lay down and get up.
- 1-YEAR WARRANTY: Simpli Comfy comes with a One-Year Manufacturer warranty against defects. Call us at (855) 329-5858 or email anytime for support. 100% Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed. We are here to ensure you or your guest gets a good night's sleep.
Lucid Rollaway Memory Foam Bed
- Roll a way guest mattress is soft and ultra supportive, with a medium feel mattress featuring 1 inch of memory foam and 3 inches of support foam
- Quickly pull out the bed for guests or children, then fold and roll away for super easy storage
- With its easy assembly, locking wheels for safety, and certipur us certified memory foam with no harmful odors, this bed is safe for children
- Spring supported deck offers support more comfortably than wood slat and wire mesh support alternatives, total weight capacity 350 pounds
- Heavy duty bed frame comes with an impressive 10 year warranty no tools needed available sizes: cot, twin and twin xl; cot measures 31 x 73 inches
A king size has always had its appeal and there’s no doubt that people love how much space they have when sleeping on one of these mattresses. However, if you’re looking for something smaller, or perhaps on a budget, then there are some key reasons why you should choose queen-size instead:
1. They don’t cost as much as their king counterparts! When shopping around for new furniture pieces for your home it’s always important to look at price tags before making a final decision. If you’re on a budget or simply don’t want to spend as much as you may end up spending on a king-size mattress, then you should choose queen instead. They’re slightly smaller and thus they cost less to make. This means that it’s cheaper to buy one of these beds so if money is tight, have no fear!
2. They fit well in smaller rooms Queen beds are usually shorter than their larger counterparts so this makes them perfect for fitting into small spaces such as lofts or studios where there isn’t much room to spare. This also makes them great for easily being able to fit two people underneath the sheets unlike with a king bed where it can be difficult having the extra space just for one person.
3. They can be neatly tucked away Queen beds are great for some people who like having more than one bed in their homes but don’t quite have the space to keep them all on display at once. If you regularly use a spare room or simply want an additional bed, then making it portable means that you can easily push it out of the way and get it back out when needed rather than having something fixed into place.
4.Can be easily stored If you’re short on space and also need your furniture to be easy to store then choosing queen-size might just be perfect for you! This is because they come with handy under-the-bed storage boxes so there’s no need to purchase anything else which makes this portable option even more convenient.