As we all know, ironing is a tedious and time-consuming process. The good news is that there are various devices and appliances available in the market today to help you make this task easier and faster. One example of these items is the portable garment steamer which offers you professional quality results in just one minute or less!
Portable Garment Steamer: A Shortcut to Perfectly Ironed Clothes
A lot of clothes nowadays come with wrinkle-resistant properties, no wonder why many people complain because they appear to be too smooth. However, what could really add up to the glamor look of your outfit would always be perfectly ironed clothing. With a portable garment steamer , it can provide better care for your clothes than the conventional method of ironing. This article will provide you with all the information you need to know about these amazing beauty allies – from their benefits, types and features – for an easier and more convenient usage at home or anywhere else.
Benefits of Using a Portable Garment Steamer
A portable garment steamer provides many great benefits that can help your daily life become much more comfortable and luxurious:
Fast Results – A good quality portable clothes steamer is designed to produce steam within 60 seconds allowing you to quickly touch up any wrinkled clothes. It only takes one minute to make creases vanish without wasting time waiting for it dry or having to use your old school iron which may damage some fabrics.
Easy-to-Use – The best portable clothes steamer only requires you to fill its bottle with water before turning it on. It will be ready for use after just a few minutes. When the steam is out, simply turn off the appliance and put it away in your suitcase or storage bag. You can also choose from options that are cordless, thus no more struggling with bulky items that always get in your way when ironing at home!
Convenient – Using a conventional iron while traveling is difficult because you have to look for an electrical outlet first before starting to heat up your clothes . With a portable garment steamer , all you need to do is prepare some water beforehand and let its steam cleanse any fabric of wrinkles without dealing with messy cords.
Compact Size – Steamers can easily fit in any suitcase without taking too much space. They are ideal for those who often go on business trips, vacations and even staycations . What’s also great about these beauty allies is that they don’t require electrical connections or complicated operations – making it perfect for outdoor use where you can simply fill the bottle with water and start steaming anywhere anytime!
Types of Portable Garment Steamers
You would surely love purchasing a portable garment steamer to make your clothes look beautiful again fast; however, you should be aware of its types first before doing so. Make sure to take time reading through this part to help you determine which type of clothes steamer suits your lifestyle:
Handheld Portable Garment Steamer – This particular garment steamer features a handheld handle plus a large water tank attached to it. This design allows you to make your clothing look great while giving you enough freedom to move around. You can also use this travel steamer on other garments like blankets, curtains, bed sheets and even carpets.
Canister Portable Garment Steamer – This device is composed of the following parts: the steaming head where you attach the garment, cord for plugging into an electric outlet, hose , metal canister which contains water and heating element , and lastly, base or stand . It stands upright with its small round-shaped base hence allowing maximum control throughout the entire steaming process without any problem of tipping over during operation.
Steam Cleaner vs Garment Steamer
There are many great benefits that you can get from a portable garment steamer ; however, it doesn’t mean that all steam cleaners will do the job. This part of the article will help you determine which appliance would be better to purchase depending on your reasons for steaming clothes or other fabrics: Although both types of appliances provide the same function of removing wrinkles with its continuous flow of steam , there are some differences between them when it comes to performance and usage. A portable steamer is designed only to work on clothing while a cleaner machine has more functions like sanitizing surfaces, eliminating odors in carpets, grout lines, upholstery and even auto interiors . Since these devices are not specifically built for each purpose, choose carefully which one you are going to invest on.
A water capacity indicator is not yet being used by some brands for their garment steamers; however, there are still many models that come with this useful feature. This part of the buying guide aims to help you understand how it works so as to determine which clothes steamer can carry enough water depending on your needs. This type of indicator only measures the amount of water in milliliters (ml) or fluid ounces (oz) inside a bottle attached to the garment steamer . So, when it comes time to refill the unit with fresh water, make sure that its tank can contain more than enough liquid before starting another round of steaming. If you travel quite often and don’t want to deal with refilling often, choose a model that is lightweight plus has enough water capacity.
Top Portable & Small Garment Steamers
J-2000 Jiffy Garment Steamer
- 1300 watt solid brass heating element (120 volt for North America use only…not for export)
- High-impact plastic outer housing for durability
- Quick two minute heat-up time.6 inches wide plastic steam head.Cord Plug: NEMA 5-15
- 1.5 Hour steam time per filling. Water Capacity: 3/4 galloon / 2.84 litres. Fusible link with automatic shut-off for safety
- Made in the USA
Conair Turbo Extreme Steam Handheld Fabric Steamer
- Turbo Handheld Steamer: This steamer combines the performance of an iron with the power of steam to instantly smooth out wrinkles in clothing and upholstery while killing 99.9 percent of germs, dust mites and bed bugs
- Easy To Use: This freestanding steamer features a 40 second heat up and a 7.3 ounce water tank for up to 15 minutes of continuous steam; Quilted aluminum steamer plate and built in creaser perform like an iron for a fresh pressed look
- 3 In 1 Attachment: Includes a silicone band to pull fabric taut for better results, a delicate fabric spacer to protect trims and fine fabrics, and a bristle brush to ensure steam penetrates fibers for a perfect press, even on heavy fabrics
- Conair Fabric Steamers: Our fabric steamers keep your garments, upholstery, curtains and other home textiles smooth and fresh; Check out entire line including handheld, upright and travel steamers
- Innovative Garment Care: From fabric shavers and traditional irons to garment steamers, both handheld and full size/upright, we make high quality garment care tools for all users
iSteam 7-in-1 Portable Steamer
- ULTIMATE IRON STEAMING TECHNOLOGY, UPGRADED VERSION – New Hi-Tech Heating Panel! Heats Up Within Just 60 Secs. Powerful Soothing Steam Flow To Remove Stubborn Wrinkles For Over 10 Mins. Home Multi-use: Steam Iron, Clean, Treat, Refresh, Humidify, Defrost And More.
- THE PERFECT STEAMING ON AMAZON: EASY & SAFE – Manufactured Under Strict Safety Guidelines. Automatic Shut-Down Feature When Water Gets Too Low. Its New Nozzle Design Provides A Dry Yet Powerful Steaming Experience. The Perfect Holiday Or Wedding Gift! Make Your Family And Friends Happy With This Wonderful Iron Steamer.
- SUPERIOR WRINKLE REMOVER – Powerful Clothes Steamer, Highly Effective And Gentle For All Kinds Of Garments Or Fabric. Instantly Erase All Wrinkles From Your Favorite Suit, Shirt, And Dress. Works Great on Delicates, Drapery, Even Beddings. Perfect For Last-minute Ironing Emergencies: Save Time And Money. Don’t Let Annoying Creases Ruin Your Events Or Trips.
- THE IDEAL TRAVEL STEAMER - TSA APPROVED When Empty For Carry-On Luggage. Easy To Store In Any Suitcase. An Ideal Portable Travel Accessory: Compact And Light-Weight Handheld Steamer. IMPORTANT: For 220v Outlets, Must Be Used With A Voltage Converter + Adapter Plug.
- 2020 HEALTH TIP: Steam Clean Your Clothes To Eliminate Unhealthy Agents On Garments. Hot Steam At 212°F Is A Proven Deep Cleanser For Clothes And Other Surfaces. iSteam Joins The Cause, It Stimulates Good Health!
Black + Decker Advanced Handheld Steamer
- Extra Long Cord: The 15ft cord gives you plenty of reach for steaming drapes and bedding.
- Auto Shutoff: After 15 minutes of inactivity the steamer will automatically power down.
- Continuous Steam: Lock the steam trigger into place to release a continuous flow of steam that melts away wrinkles in no time.
- Burst of Steam: Hit the steam trigger to generate a powerful burst of steam that blasts away wrinkles.
- Attachments: Use the included attachments for special jobs: upholstery, delicate fabrics and lint removal.
BIZOND Handheld Steamer
- NO SPITTING WATER AT ALL - It works great in all angles, even upside down! No leaks or water spitting. This home garment steamer protects hands and fabric, prevents puddles and spills, and it can be placed on any surface without damaging it
- NANO FILTER - It has a NANO Filter to tap water, which protects the heating element from calcification and prolongs the lifetime of the device. Our BIZOND fabric steamer for clothes is the safest you can buy
- QUICK & POWERFUL - It heats up within 25s, a quick solution requiring minimal effort and leaving no mess behind. An iron steamer that’s easier than ironing: just move the mini steamer across the fabric from any angle
- COMPACT & HANDY - It’s lightweight, comfortable to hold, doesn’t get hot while steaming, simple to use, and yet does an outstanding job! This steamer is indispensable in travels, because it’s super compact and fits in carry-on
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEE 100% RISK-FREE - We’re so sure you’ll love our steamer, you can return it with no questions asked! Whether at home or traveling, the BIZOND steamer removes wrinkles and freshens your clothes. 3-YEARS WARRANTY!
How to Use Your Portable Steamer Safely?
As soon as you purchase your portable steamer, consider these tips below to help you use it safely:
Carefully read all of the instructions included with the unit’s package before attempting to operate it. Some of these devices may look complicated at first glance due to its different parts; however, once you’ve learned how they work then everything will simply become easy for you. If possible, watch several online videos about this particular appliance so as to know more about its features and basic operational principles. Avoid touching the heating element which produces steam because it could your skin instantly – causing severe injuries. Always make sure to check the maximum water level inside your steamer’s container every time before using it. Don’t ever drink or pour water directly from the unit’s reservoir because it contains lukewarm tap water which may contain harmful germs .
Placing Steaming Head – When attaching the head where you want to steam, be aware that there are three different types namely: bristle , cone and ball . The bristle is mostly used for clothes with buttons while cone-shaped tip can be used on pleats, collars, edges and even seams. Cone-shaped tip is also perfect for garments with delicate materials because it won’t flatten them. The ball-shaped tip can be used on coats, dresses and other types of clothing with buttons.
Placing the Clothes – Once you have your clothes steamer fully assembled, consider its power cord as your guideline to place the garment where steam will flow through it. Make sure that both sides of your fabric are well-heated before pulling or tugging by hanging them up using hangers else you might cause damage to its material. After steaming both sides of the cloth, carefully remove it immediately because it may still be warm.